Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
See How to read course descriptions for information about the formatting used.
PPTH 301 Trop Plant Pathology (3) (lecture/lab) Principles of plant pathology, major diseases in the tropics caused by fungi, bacteria, nematodes, and viruses; their nature, diagnosis and control. Pre: BIOL 175 or consent of instructor.
PPTH 405 Plant Disease Diagnosis (3) (lecture/lab) Practical skills in field and laboratory to determine the cause of a plant disease. Recognition of characteristic symptoms of diseased plants and signs of pathogens; use of confirming tests. Pre: PPTH 301.
PPTH 412 Plant Disease Control (3) (lecture/lab) Methods and principles of plant disease control, including chemical and nonchemical means, based on epidemiology and the disease cycle. Formulation and application of control recommendations. Pre: PPTH 301.
PPTH x94 Special Topics in Subject Matter (Arr.) Special topics chosen by the instructor. Course content will vary. May be repeated for credit, provided that a different topic is studied. Additional requirements may apply depending on subject and topic.
PPTH x99 Directed Studies (Arr.) Statement of planned reading or research required. Pre: instructor’s consent.
- Agriculture (AG) Courses
- Agribusiness (AGBU) Courses
- Agricultural Economics (AGEC) Courses
- Agricultural Engineering (AGEN) Courses
- Agronomy (AGRN) Courses
- Animal Science (ANSC) Courses
- Aquaculture (AQUA) Courses
- Entomology (ENTO) Courses
- Food Science and Technology (FDSC) Courses
- Forestry (FOR) Courses
- Horticulture (HORT) Courses
- Natural Resources (NRES) Courses
- Plant Physiology (PPHY) Courses
- Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
- Soil Science (SOIL) Courses