Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM)
See How to read course descriptions for information about the formatting used.
PPTH 301 Trop Plant Pathology (3) Principles of plant pathology, major diseases in the tropics caused by fungi, bacteria, nematodes, and viruses; their nature, diagnosis and control. Pre: BIOL 171 or consent of instructor.
PPTH 405 Plant Disease Diagnosis (3) (lecture/lab) Practical skills in field and laboratory to determine the cause of a plant disease. Recognition of characteristic symptoms of diseased plants and signs of pathogens; use of confirming tests. Pre: PPTH 301.
PPTH 412 Plant Disease Control (3) (lecture/lab) Methods and principles of plant disease control, including chemical and nonchemical means, based on epidemiology and the disease cycle. Formulation and application of control recommendations. Pre: PPTH 301.
PPTH x94 Special Topics in Subject Matter (Arr.) Special topics chosen by the instructor. Course content will vary. May be repeated for credit, provided that a different topic is studied. Additional requirements may apply depending on subject and topic.
PPTH x99 Directed Studies (Arr.) Statement of planned reading or research required. Pre: instructor’s consent.
- Aeronautical Sciences (AERS) Courses
- Agriculture (AG) Courses
- Agribusiness (AGBU) Courses
- Agricultural Economics (AGEC) Courses
- Agricultural Engineering (AGEN) Courses
- Agronomy (AGRN) Courses
- Animal Science (ANSC) Courses
- Aquaculture (AQUA) Courses
- Engineering (ENGR) Courses
- Entomology (ENTO) Courses
- Forestry (FOR) Courses
- Horticulture (HORT) Courses
- Natural Resources (NRES) Courses
- Plant Physiology (PPHY) Courses
- Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
- Soil Science (SOIL) Courses