Jacquelyn Pualani Johnson, M.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Performing Arts Department Office:
Performing Arts Center, Room 135, 974–7304
- Jacquelyn Pualani Johnson, M.A. (Drama)
- Richard A. Lee, Ph.D. (Music)
- Celeste Anderson Staton (Dance)
Performing Arts Center Manager:
- Lee B. Dombroski, M.F.A.
Associate Performing Arts Center Manager:
- Heidi Veilleux, B.A.
Performing Arts Center Technical Director:
- Robert Abe, B.A.
The Performing Arts Department offers a degree program comprised of three specialty concentrations: Dance, Drama Performance, and Music. The Dance concentration offers courses in ballet, modern and jazz dance, choreography, and dance in education. The Drama Performance concentration offers courses in acting, directing, costuming, stage makeup, stagecraft, musical theatre, and drama education. The Music concentration offers courses in the areas of musicology (history and literature), music theory and composition, applied music instruction (vocal and instrumental), and performing ensembles open to all qualified students, regardless of major. All Performing Arts majors complete a culminating senior project.
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Major has a three-fold mission:
- To serve the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo with general education and service courses;
- To provide an academic major in the Performing Arts, with three individual specialty concentrations in dance, drama performance, and music; and
- To contribute to the cultural life of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Island through artistic performances and offerings in music, drama, and dance, through public lectures, and through related professional activities.
The Performing Arts Department offers three specialty concentrations of study leading to the Bachelor of Arts in Performing Arts: Dance, Drama Performance, and Music.
- Requirements for the B.A. in Performing Arts: Dance Concentration
- Requirements for the B.A. in Performing Arts: Drama Concentration
- Requirements for the B.A. in Performing Arts: Music Concentration
- Performing Arts Certificate
- Dance (DNCE) Courses
- Drama (DRAM) Courses
- Music (MUS) Courses
- Administration of Justice
- Requirements for the B.A. in Biology: Cell and Molecular Track
- Requirements for the B.A. in Biology: Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Track
- Requirements for the B.S. in Biology: Cell and Molecular Track
- Requirements for the B.S. in Biology: Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Track
- Biology Minor
- Biology (BIOL) Courses
- Chinese Studies
- Computer Science
- School of Education
- Engineering Program
- Environmental Studies/Science
- Filipino Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Marine Science
- Natural Science
- School of Nursing
- Pacific Islands Studies Certificate
- Performing Arts
- Political Science
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- Women’s Studies Certificate