Students are not sent a bill. For registration to be official, however, all tuition and fees must be paid at time of registration.
Tuition and fee payments can be made by:
- MyUH Online: Pay by MasterCard, VISA, or any credit card accepted by the Discover Network ( Discover, Diners, and JCB) pinless debit card or web check (checking or savings account).
- Registered students may sign up for an installment payment plan for the fall and spring terms. Log on to MyUH for more details. The payment plan is not available during the summer terms.
- Mail: Make checks payable to "University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo" and mail to: UH Hilo Cashier's Office, 200 W. Kawili St., Hilo, HI 96720. Mail payments must be received by the appropriate payment deadline. You should allow a minimum of 5 days for delivery prior to the deadline. Do not use Campus Mail. To ensure proper crediting to your account, write your UH number on the bottom left corner of the check.
- In Person: Pay by cash, check, money order, or cashier's check at any campus business office.
- Parents and Other Authorized Users: If you have been set up as an Authorized User, you may logon to the Authorized User site with your email address and password provided to you.
Note: The University of Hawaiʻi does not accept wire transfers (EFT) or e-mail payments from individual students.
UH Hilo offers an Installment Payment Plan for those students who are interested in this option.
Current term information can be found at the Cashier‘s Office website.
Partial Advance Tuition Deposit
All new, transfer, and returning classified students are required to pay a partial advance tuition deposit of $60.00 ($500.00 for College of Pharmacy). Scholarship or financial aid recipients are not exempt from this payment. Students who are experiencing financial difficulty, however, and are awaiting financial aid should contact the Admissions Office in writing to secure their enrollment for the following term. This partial advance tuition deposit is applied at registration time toward tuition for that semester. The payment is nonrefundable and nontransferable if the student does not register (College of Pharmacy advance tuition deposit is not transferable to other programs). Continuing classified students are not required to make the partial advance tuition deposit.
Checks tendered to the University of Hawaiʻi or any department therein, and returned to the maker’s bank for any reason will result in a $25.00 charge and a “hold” will be placed on the account. Do not stop payment on checks. A stop payment on a check is considered a returned check and is not acknowledged as an official drop from courses or withdrawal from the University.