Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
Robin Takahashi, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Office: 320C-112 (808) 974-7403
- Harald Barkhoff, Ph.D.
- L.A. Gotshalk, Ph.D.
- Emanuele D'Artibale, Ph.D.
- Robin Takahashi, Ph.D.
The Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences (KES) program within the College of Arts and Sciences offers students the following degrees:
- B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
- B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences – Health Promotion
The KES program provides students with a diverse range of high quality instruction and opportunities within the areas of health, physical education, recreation, and the exercise sciences. Furthermore, activity courses provides individuals with exposure to a variety of physical activities and opportunities to enhance their overall well being. Lecture type courses provide introductory and advanced preparation for the fields of education, management and/or coaching, health promotion, and the exercise sciences with include sport psychology, athletic training, physical therapy and exercise physiology.
Goals for Student Learning in the Major
A student who completes the Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences degree program will be able to:
- Participate in basic physical and recreational activities.
- Identify the fundamental anatomical functions, the physiological mechanisms, and the biomechanical concepts involved with human movement and human performance.
- Apply for acceptance into the Teacher Education Program with the desire to become a Secondary Health and Physical Education teacher.
- Apply for acceptance into graduate school in the areas of the exercise sciences, health, medical school, physical therapy programs, and athletic training programs.
- Able to provide care and expertise within the area of health.
- Identify and understand the various health issues within our society, especially those encountered by elementary and secondary school students.
- Requirements for the B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
- Requirements for the B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences—Health Promotion
- Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences (KES) Courses
- Administration of Justice
- Requirements for the B.A. in Biology: Cell and Molecular Track
- Requirements for the B.A. in Biology: Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Track
- Requirements for the B.S. in Biology: Cell and Molecular Track
- Requirements for the B.S. in Biology: Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Track
- Biology Minor
- Biology (BIOL) Courses
- Chinese Studies
- Computer Science
- School of Education
- Engineering Program
- Environmental Studies/Science
- Filipino Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Marine Science
- Natural Science
- School of Nursing
- Pacific Islands Studies Certificate
- Performing Arts
- Political Science
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- Women’s Studies Certificate