Hawaiian Studies (HWST) Graduate Courses
Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language
Home » Graduate Education » Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language Graduate Programs » Hawaiian Studies (HWST) Graduate Courses
HWST 661 Advanced Hawn Music (3) Examination of indigenous and foreign forms found in acculturated Hawaiian music. Pre: HWST 471 and 473.
HWST 662 Applied Hawaiian Chant (3) Applied study of the performance of various Hawaiian chant styles. Pre: HWST 462, 473, 474. Recommended: HWST 453.
HWST 663 Traditional Hawn Literature (3) Focuses on indigenous oral and written literature forms and their relationship to folk tales. Pre: HWST 463, 454 or instructor's consent.
HWST 664 European Influenced Hawn Lit (3) Hawaiian literature developed on European models such as biographies, late nineteenth-century histories and journals. Pre: HWST 453 and HAW 425.
HWST 665 Ethnological & Hist Narratives (3) Descriptions written in Hawaiian regarding traditional Hawaiian culture and history. Cultural topics range from religion and court life to farming and fishing. Conducted in Hawaiian. Pre: HAW 453, HWST 663. Recommended: ANTH 385, 386 and HWST 213.
HWST 690 Study in Overseas Ind Lg Comm (3) Individual off-campus field work experience in an overseas endangered indigenous language community. Participant-observation and interviewing to learn about endangered status of the language and ongoing revitalization work. Comparison to Hawaiian as an endangered language.
HWST x94 Special Topics in Subject Matter (Arr.) (IO) Special topics chosen by the instructor. Course content will vary. May be repeated for credit, provided that a different topic is studied. Additional requirements may apply depending on subject and topic.
HWST x99 Directed Studies (Arr.) (IO) Statement of planned reading or research required. Pre: instructor’s consent.
- China-U.S. Relations (CHUS) Post-Baccalaureate Courses for the Master of Arts in China-U.S. Relations
- Psychology (PSY) Post-Baccalaureate Courses for the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Education (ED) Post-Baccalaureate Courses for the Master of Education
- Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Hawaiian Language (HAW) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Hawaiian Studies (HWST) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Education (KED) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Language (KLAN) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Indigenous Studies (KIND) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Keʻelikōlani Linguistics (KLIN) Post-Baccalaureate Courses
- Nursing (NURS) Post-Baccalaureate Courses for the Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Pharmacy Courses
- Tropical Conservation Biology & Environmental Science (CBES) Post-Baccalaureate Courses for the Master of Science in TCBES