B.S. in Agriculture: Animal Science, Livestock Production Specialty Requirements
Group 1: General Education Basic, Area, and Integrative Requirements.
Students may choose to graduate under the General Education Basic, Area, and Integrative requirements and graduation requirements in force at the time they entered the UH System, when they entered UH Hilo, or when they graduate, provided there is no break in enrollment.
Students should meet with their academic advisor to ensure that they enroll in courses that will enable them to meet these requirements as well as requirements for the major and for graduation. Some courses may meet both General Education requirements and major requirements.
The new GE basic, core, and integrative requirements and lists of certified courses are posted on the General Education website.
Group 2. Major Requirements and Assigned Credits (73-75 credits)
- Agriscience Requirements (52)
- AG 230 Sustainable Agriculture (3)
- AG 496 Senior Seminar in Agriculture (1)
- AGBU 110 Microcomputing for Ag (3)
- AGBU 320 Agribus Management (3) or AGEC 330 Farm Management (3)
- AGEN 231 Intro To Ag Mech (3)
- AGRN 310 Agronom Crop Prod Tropics (3) or AGRN 410 Soil-Plant Herbivore Interrltn (3)
- ANSC 141 Intro To An Science (3)
- ANSC 244 Fundamentals of Nutrition (3)
- ANSC 321 Applied Animal Nutrition (3)
- ANSC 350 Anatomy/Physiol Of Farm Animal (3)
- ANSC 445 An Breeding/Genetics (3)
- ANSC 450 Physiology Reproduction (3)
- Choose three courses from the following ANSC courses:
- ANSC 342 Beef Cattle Production (3)
- ANSC 351 Swine Production (3)
- ANSC 353 Horse Production (3)
- ANSC 355 Goat & Sheep Production (3)
- ENTO 304 General Entomology (3)
- HORT 262 Princ Of Hort (3)
- SOIL 304 Tropical Soils (3)
- Supplemental Requirements (21-23)
- BIOL 175-175L Introductory Biology I (3), Introductory Biology I Lab (1)
- BIOL 176-176L Introductory Biology II (3), Introductory Biology II Lab (1)
- Chemistry (Choose one sequence from the following three sequences):
- Sequence 1: CHEM 114-114L Intro Chemistry (3), Intro Chem Lab (1) and CHEM 141 Surv Organ Chem & Biochem (3)
- Sequence 2: CHEM 124-124L General Chemistry I (3), Gen Chemistry I Lab (1) and CHEM 125-125L General Chemistry II (3), Gen Chemistry II Lab (1)
- Sequence 3: CHEM 124-124L General Chemistry I (3), Gen Chemistry I Lab (1) and CHEM 141 Surv Organ Chem & Biochem (3)
- ENG 225 Writng for Sci & Technology (3)
- MATH (Choose one course from the following courses):
- MATH 104 Precalculus Math (4)
- MATH 104F Precal I: Functions (3)
- MATH 104G Precal II: Trig & Geom (3)
- MATH 205 Calculus I (4)
- MATH 206 Calculus II (4)
Group 3. Electives, To be determined
Elective hours will vary depending upon which GE courses are selected by the student.
See your advisor for possible electives.
Total semester hours for the B.S. in Agriculture: Animal Science—Livestock Production