B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences, Health Promotion Requirements Requirements
Group 1. General Education Basic, Area, and Integrative Requirements in effect Fall 2011
Students may choose to graduate under the General Education Basic, Area, and Integrative requirements and graduation requirements in force at the time they entered the UH System, when they entered UH Hilo, or when they graduate, provided there is no break in enrollment lasting longer than one semester.
Students should meet with their academic advisor to ensure that they enroll in courses that will enable them to meet these requirements as well as requirements for the major and for graduation. Some courses may meet both General Education requirements and major requirements.
The new GE basic, core, and integrative requirements and lists of certified courses are posted at hilo.hawaii.edu/academics/gened/.
Group 2. Major Requirements (and Assigned Credits)
- Two one-semester-hour KES activity courses of choice (2)
- KES 202 Health Promotion (3)
- KES 206 Basic Human Movement (3)
- KES 207 Basic Human Nutrition (3)
- KES 208 Elementary Tests and Measurements (3)
- KES 209 Data and Stats in Kinesiology (3)
- KES 234 Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (3)
- KES 260 Exercise Science Anatomy and Physiology I (3)
- KES 261 Exercise Science Anatomy and Physiology II (3)
- KES 306 Advanced Human Movement (3)
- KES 310 Basic Motor Learning (3)
- KES 320 Drug Awareness (3)
- KES 343 Musculoskeletal Anatomy (3)
- KES 344 Musculoskeletal Physiology (3)
- KES 370 Sport Psychology (3)
- KES 399 Health Promotion Practicum (3)
- KES 443 Adapted Physical Education (3)
- BIOL 125 Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology (3)
- PSY 100 Survey of Psychology (3)
- PSY 380 Health Psychology (3)
- NURS 350 Transcultural Care and Health Promotion (3)
- NURS 372 Spirituality in Health Care (3)
Total in Group 2: 65 Semester Hours
Total Semester Hours Required For The B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences—Health Promotion
120 Semester Hours
- All courses in Group 2, Major Requirements, must be completed with a grade of “C-” or better except for two Activity Courses, BIOL 125 and PSY 100.
- An overall GPA of 2.0 in the major is required.
- At least 45 semester hours must be earned in courses numbered 300–400.
- To earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences, students must fulfill the requirements for the major and meet all of the University’s other baccalaureate degree requirements. (Please see the Baccalaureate Degree Requirements in this Catalog.)
- Students should always check course prerequisites and the frequency with which courses are offered.
To ensure progress toward degree completion, students are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor each semester before registering.