Agriculture: Coastal Resources and Watershed Management Specialty
Home » Undergraduate Education » College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM) » Agriculture: Coastal Resources and Watershed Management Specialty
The Coastal Resources and Watershed Management curriculum is designed for students interested in sustaining coastal and watershed ecosystems through efficient management of land, biota and water, as well as improved planning, policy and regulation.
As Earth’s population increases, demand will escalate for clean food, water and space. These activities, in combination with heightened energy requirements, will increase stress on our natural resources, such as soils, surface water, and ground water. Global climate change is an additional stressor heightening the need for improved management capacity and adaptation strategies. Increasingly there is a need for integrated approaches for coastal areas which are the interface between land and sea. Concurrent increased public concern about the long-term sustainability of our land use systems will spur the development of improved practices, increases in management capacity and improved policies and regulations. Use of modern tools such as remote sensing and GIS will inform management recommendations.
Students who complete this curriculum will be prepared to meet challenges and can anticipate career opportunities in environmental regulatory agencies, conservation, research institutions, urban and regional planning, productive sectors such as agriculture and consulting.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe and draw connections among natural, agricultural, and urban processes influencing the coastal zone.
- Assess, comprehend, and synthesize a broad range of scientific and social-economic information to professionally present policy recommendations and research directives for various coastal management issues.
- Agriculture: Animal Science—Livestock Production Specialty
- Agriculture: Animal Science—Pre-Veterinary Specialty
- Agriculture: Aquaculture Specialty
- Agriculture: Coastal Resources and Watershed Management Specialty
- Agriculture: Tropical Horticulture Specialty
- Agriculture: Tropical Plant Science and Agroecology Specialty
- Agriculture Minor
- Beekeeping Certificate
- Forest Resource Management and Conservation Certificate
- Plant Tissue Culture Certificate
- Tropical Farming Certificate
- Special Programs
- CAFNRM Courses
- Agriculture (AG) Courses
- Agribusiness (AGBU) Courses
- Agricultural Economics (AGEC) Courses
- Agricultural Engineering (AGEN) Courses
- Agronomy (AGRN) Courses
- Animal Science (ANSC) Courses
- Aquaculture (AQUA) Courses
- Entomology (ENTO) Courses
- Food Science and Technology (FDSC) Courses
- Forestry (FOR) Courses
- Horticulture (HORT) Courses
- Natural Resources (NRES) Courses
- Plant Physiology (PPHY) Courses
- Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
- Soil Science (SOIL) Courses