Academic Warning, Probation & Dismissal
An undergraduate student whose UH Hilo GPA is less than 2.0 will be notified and will be encouraged to seek academic advising.
An undergraduate student whose UH Hilo GPA is less than 2.0 will be placed on academic probation. A graduate student whose UH Hilo cumulative graduate GPA is less than 3.0 will be placed on academic probation.
Continued Academic Probation
Following a semester on academic probation, an undergraduate student will be placed on continued academic probation if the UH Hilo GPA for the semester just completed was 2.0 or higher, but the UH Hilo cumulative GPA remains less than 2.0.
An undergraduate student whose UH Hilo semester GPA and UH Hilo cumulative GPA are both below 2.0 at the end of a semester of academic probation or continued academic probation will be dismissed from the University. He or she may appeal the academic dismissal in writing to the appropriate college dean within 10 working days of receiving the notification of academic dismissal.
A graduate student whose UH Hilo semester and cumulative GPA is still below a 3.0 at the end of 2 semesters of academic probation will be dismissed from the University. Individual graduate programs may have stricter requirements.
College of Pharmacy students should refer to the College of Pharmacy Handbook for specific information pertaining to academic status and dismissal.
- Academic Expectations and Responsibilities
- Academic Advising
- Adding a Course
- Dropping or Withdrawing from a Course
- Complete Withdrawal
- Declaration of Major
- Change of Major/College/Classified Status
- Classification of Students
- Course Numbering System
- Credits, Grades, and Examinations
- Transfer Credits
- Credit for Education Received While in Military Service
- Final Examinations
- Repeating Courses
- Directed Reading and Directed Studies
- Exceptions to Academic Regulations
- Attendance & Satisfactory Progress
- Academic Warning, Probation & Dismissal
- Academic Bankruptcy
- Academic Dishonesty
- Academic Complaints
- Participation in Assessment Efforts
- Graduation Requirements