Facility Use General Regulations
The regulations listed below represent only a portion of the complete policy. For the complete Campus Center (CC) use policy please consult the Facilities Use Practices & Procedures of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- University of Hawai'i at Hilo and Hawai'i Community College students, affiliated groups, faculty and staff may reserve the Plaza for campus (not personal) activities on a first-come, first-served basis. Membership in an organization by a member of the University community does not constitute University affiliation.
- An official online reservation form must be completed and filed on the Campus Center's web page prior to the event. Until an email confirmation is returned to the requester, the request is not considered final.
- A seven day lead time is required for all reservations.
- A confirmed reservation must be officially canceled 24 hours in advance. Non-cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the deposit and/or suspension of scheduling privileges for a month.
Room Fees and Services Charges (where applicable)
- The Facility Use Request website states the fees you may be charged for the use of our facility. Should there be any changes in actual use, the final invoice will be adjusted accordingly. Please review the estimated charges carefully and notify the CC office if there are any discrepancies or questions.
- The user must notify the CC office of any changes in the start and end of the reservation. Billing is based on reserved hours or actual use hours, whichever is greater.
- Service charges will be assessed for any set-up and/or clean-up by CC staff.
- Priority 1, 2, & 3 users will have room use fees waived however, applicable staff and service charges will be assessed. Sponsors and co-sponsors are held responsible for any damages or charges incurred by the event/use.
Cancellation must be received 10 business days in advance of the event, if not any deposit will be forfeited. Late cancellation or failure to show may affect future use.
A "No Show" is considered when a group fails to be present at the requested time of reservation. The Building Manager on duty will wait 15 minutes after the group's requested time has started. After this 15 minute waiting period the room will be closed and you will need to contact Campus Center the next business day at (808) 932-7365.
When a group fails to honor their reservation without giving Campus Center prior notice, the following actions are taken: 1st no show (email warning), 2nd no show (group will be charged for staff time), 3rd no show (group will be charged for facility use and staff charges), and 4th no show (group will lose their privilege to use Campus Center's Facility for three (3) months).
- All food or refreshments must be arranged through the UH Hilo Food Service Contractor (Sodexo). Outside food and/or beverages are not allowed without prior approval of the Food Service Contractor.
- Alcohol is only permitted at special events catered by the UH Hilo Food Service Contractor, with service in those areas stipulated in their liquor license. Alcohol is prohibited at all student organizations events. For all UH Hilo/HawCC events, authorization for alcohol service must be approved by the UH Hilo Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs. Obtain an application for authorization at the CC office.
- Plans for any changes to the facility's current set-ups must be detailed on this use request for approval by the CC staff. Charges may be assessed for any changes made without prior approval.
- The event sponsor is responsible for any damages to the facility and damages or loss of CC equipment and furnishings incurred during the event. The person in charge of the event and a designated CC staff person will do all room checks prior to and after the event to insure an accurate assessment for any applicable charges.
- The user must clean and re-set the room as shown on each room's diagram immediately following the end of the event. Groups may ask the CC Staff for the vacuum cleaner, mops and brooms as needed.
- Groups having food and/or drinks are responsible for removing all food and trash. Trash should be disposed of in the dumpster behind the library, not in trash receptacles in the CC or its lanai. Trash bags are available from CC staff.
- Groups using more than one room and weekend groups will be given additional clean-up procedures.
$3.00 per day during the academic year (Free parking during the summer, before 6 a.m., after 4:30 p.m., and on weekends)
A/V and Media Equipment
- Users are responsible for their own A/V/media arrangements.
- If UH Hilo Media Services equipment is used after they are closed, users will bring all equipment to Da Lava Tube (game room) for media pick-up on the next working day. If equipment is left in the room and CC staff must bring it down, the user will be assessed $10 for each trip.
- The CC is not responsible for any equipment left in rooms.
Conduct and User Responsibilities
- Groups are responsible for the behavior of their members and guests.
- Groups will abide by all statutes, ordinances and policies of the State, County, University and Campus Center. Failure to observe such statutes, ordinances, and policies will result in the forfeiture of any deposit and/or suspension of facility use privileges.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who will assume responsibility for their safety and welfare.
- Motorized vehicles, skateboards, rollerskates and other similar devices are prohibited in the facility. Bicycles are to be placed in the racks provided and are not allowed in the building.
- Only seeing-eye dogs are allowed in the Campus Center.
- Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas, including the bathrooms, and the third floor lanais.
- The use of noxious chemicals, combustibles and cooking equipment, except by authorized personnel in designated area, is not allowed. Prior approval by the CC Director is required for such use.
- The person in charge of the event must check in with the Campus Center prior to use of the facility and check out upon completion of use. Failure to do so may result in inappropriate charges being assessed for which the group will be held liable.
The user is responsible for addressing any questions regarding these regulations to the Campus Center Director, email@example.com, prior to submitting your reservation. Checking the “I agree” box below indicates you will abide by all regulations of the Campus Center. Mahalo for your cooperation!