Campus Center Plaza Reservation and Use Policy
The regulations listed below represent only a portion of the complete policy. For the complete Campus Center (CC) use policy please consult the Facilities Use Practices & Procedures of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- University of Hawai'i at Hilo, Hawai'i Community College and other UH-affiliated student CSOs or RISOs, and faculty/staff/administrative groups, departments and programs may reserve the Campus Center Plaza for campus activities on a first-come, first-served basis. Membership in an organization by a member of the University community does not constitute University affiliation. Requests for personal use are not allowed. Direct questions about UH affiliation to the Campus Center Director, email@example.com.
- Use of the Campus Center Plaza is only open to University-affiliated groups.
- After agreeing to these regulations, the next step will take you to the online reservation form to request the Plaza. Until an email confirmation is sent by the Campus Center to you, the request is not final. Seven working days lead time is required for all reservations. Please do not publicize your event’s location until receiving confirmation of your reservation.
- It is critical that you stipulate whether you are seeking a “full” or “partial” reservation. A “full” reservation means no other group may use the Plaza during your reservation. A “partial” reservation means that others may share the use. If you have questions about which designation to use, please call us at 932-7365 so we may assist you.
- A confirmed reservation must be officially canceled 24 hours in advance. If the reservation is during non-regular hours, it must be cancelled 48 hours in advance. Non-cancellation may result in service fees and/or may cause suspension of scheduling privileges for a month.
Fees and Charges
- Should there be fees and other charges for your group’s use of the Plaza, a separate email will be sent to you with estimated charges based on your current reservation. If there are changes in actual use, the final invoice will be adjusted accordingly. Please review the estimated charges carefully and notify the CC office if there are any discrepancies or questions.
- The user must notify the CC office of any changes in the start and end of the reservation. Billing is based on reserved hours or actual use hours, whichever is greater.
- Service charges will be assessed for any set-up and/or clean-up by CC staff. Campus Center will include any charges for custodians and security, assessed by UH Hilo Auxiliary Services, in your final invoice.
- A group who fails to check-in at the requested start time of the reservation will be considered a “no show”. The Building Manager on duty will wait 15 minutes after the group's requested start time. After this 15 minute period, the Building Manager will leave. Please contact the Campus Center the next business day at (808) 932-7365 to explain your group’s failure to show up. Failure to do so may result in suspension of use privileges and staff fees.
- When a group fails to honor their reservation without giving Campus Center prior notice, the following actions are taken: 1st no show - email warning; 2nd no show - group will be charged for staff time; 3rd no show - group will be charged for facility use and staff charges; and 4th no show - group will lose their privilege to use Campus Center spaces for three (3) months.
All food or refreshments must be arranged through Sodexo, the current UH Hilo food service contractor. Outside food and/or beverages are not allowed without a prior signed waiver from Sodexo. A link to the food waiver form is part of the reservation page.
- Plans for decorations must be approved by the Campus Center when your reservation is confirmed. Please note, when making your reservation, any decorations you plan to have as part of your set-up plan/needs.
- Changes in the approved physical setup of the Plaza must be submitted to the Campus Center Office no later than two working days prior to the event.
- The group using the Plaza is responsible for any and all damages to the facility.
- Permission is required to post any materials or hang banners in the Plaza. The Campus Center reserves the right to remove any unauthorized postings.
- Entry to the Plaza, from all sides, must be left open and accessible for general pedestrian traffic as well as for emergency vehicles. Campus Center staff reserves the right to ask the group to re-arrange seating, tables and other items if there are accessibility or safety concerns.
- Tables and chairs are located in the bins on the Plaza. Campus Center staff will open the bins when your group checks in. Your group is responsible for your own set-up and breakdown of chairs and tables. Tables and chairs must be stacked in the same manner as they were prior to use. Your group is responsible for obtaining more tables and/or chairs if needed. Campus Center will not be responsible for storing or safeguarding any rented tables and/or chairs.
- If your group will have food and/or drinks, you are responsible for removing all food and trash. Trash should be disposed of in the trash dumpster located in the parking lot by the Library’s loading dock. Do not throw your trash in the Sodexo dumpster.
A/V and Media Equipment
- f you wish to use the big screen, projector and/or sound system in the Plaza, please note that on your reservation request. Campus Center staff will contact you with further information.
- Beyond what the Campus Center may be able to provide, your group is responsible for your own AV/media arrangements. The CC is not responsible for any equipment left in our facility. The user is responsible for any equipment left in the Plaza.
Conduct and Responsibility
- Groups using the Plaza must restore it to the condition prior to use.
- Groups reserving the Plaza are responsible for the behavior of their members and guests.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who will assume responsibility for their safety, welfare and behavior.
- Groups will abide by all statutes, ordinances and policies of the State, County, University and Campus Center. Failure to observe such statutes, ordinances, and policies may result in the forfeiture of any deposit and/or suspension of facility use privileges.
- Motorized vehicles, skateboards, rollerskates and other similar devices are prohibited in the facility. Bicycles are to be placed in the racks provided and are not allowed in the building.
- Only service dogs as defined in the campus’ policy are allowed in the Campus Center. http://vcadmin.uhh.hawaii.edu/documents/Animals_on_Campus_PolicyFinalized7_15_10.pdf
- Smoking is prohibited in the Plaza, all enclosed areas, including the bathrooms, and within 20 feet of entrances/exits, air intake ducts and vents. For more information see: http://vcadmin.uhh.hawaii.edu/documents/MemoNon-smokingPolicyforposting.pdf
- The use of noxious chemicals, combustibles and cooking equipment, except by authorized personnel in designated area, is not allowed. Prior approval by the CC Director is required for such use.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is not responsible for personal injury incurred by users or participants or lost/damaged articles of individuals and/or organizations using the facility. Lost items found in the Plaza are taken to Campus Center room 210.
During the academic year, parking at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is $3.00 per day if the facility user does not have a valid UH Hilo parking permit.
The user is responsible for addressing any questions regarding these regulations to the Campus Center Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to submitting your reservation. Checking the “I agree” box below indicates you will abide by all regulations of the Campus Center. Mahalo for your cooperation!