Campus Center Plaza Reservation and Use Policy
- University of Hawai'i at Hilo and Hawai'i Community College students, affiliated groups, faculty and staff may reserve the Plaza for campus (not personal) activities on a first-come, first-served basis. Membership in an organization by a member of the University community does not constitute University affiliation.
- For all uses of the Plaza, an official online reservation form must be completed and filed on the Campus Center's web page prior to the event. Until an email confirmation is returned to the requester, the request is not considered final.
- Seven day lead time is required for all reservations.
- A confirmed reservation must be officially canceled 24 hours in advance. Non-cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the deposit and/or suspension of scheduling privileges for a month.
- Food and refreshments of any kind must be cleared through the Sodexo. No outside food may be served without prior approval by Sodexo you may contact them at 974-7303.
- Arrangements for special equipment (audiovisual, P.A. system, etc.) is the responsibility of the requesting organization and require the completion of an additional web form.
- Plans for decorations must be approved by the Mookini Library Administration 48 hours in advance.
- Changes in the physical setup of the Plaza must be submitted to the Campus Center Office no later than two days prior to the event.
- The requesting organization or individual is responsible for any and all damages to the facility.
- There shall be no attachment of materials on any surface of the building except on designated bulletin boards.
- Entry to the Plaza must not be blocked.
- Tables and chairs are located in brown bin. Please help yourself! Organizations are responsible for their own set-up and breakdown of chairs and tables. If the tables and chairs provided are insufficient, organiztions will have to rent more at their own expense. Campus Center is not accountable for damages or theft of rented tables and chairs.
- If Auxiliary Services is providing your set-up, be sure to include cleanup on your request or arrange for cleanup by your group. If Auxiliary Services, University Relations, or another UHH/HawCC office staff does the set-up or cleanup, the user will be billed.
- Groups having food and/or drinks are responsible for removing all food and trash. Trash should be disposed on in the trash cans located outside of UCB 127.
A/V and Media Equipment
- Users are responsible for their own AV/Media equipment arrangements.
- The Campus Center staff is not responsible for any equipment left on the Plaza.
- Non-affiliated users may request audiovisual equipment at a nominal charge.
Conduct and Responsibility
- Groups using the facilities must restore them to their original condition.
- Groups reserving the Plaza are responsible for the behavior of their guests and members.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who will assume responsibility for their safety and welfare.
- Seeing-eye dogs are the only animals allowed in the facility.
- Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas, including the bathrooms, and covered lanai areas.
- The use of noxious chemicals, combustibles and cooking equipment, except by authorized personnel in designated area, is not allowed. Prior approval by the Campus Center Director is required for such use.
- The organization will abide by all statutes, ordinances and policies of the State, County and University of Hawaiʻi.
- Failure to observe such statutes, ordinances and/or policies will result in the forfeiture of the deposit and/or the suspension of scheduling privileges for a month.
- It is agreed that any charges arising from the use of the Plaza will be paid by the organization or individual indicated. This will include any property damage occurring from use of the facility under the provisions of the agreement, security (if deemed necessary by Auxiliary Services) and janitorial services (if deemed necessary by Auxiliary Services).
- The use of motor vehicles, skateboards and roller skates is prohibited on the ramp and on the library lanai. Bicycles are to be placed in the appropriate racks that have been provided.
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is not responsible for personal injury incurred by users or participants or lost/damaged articles of individuals and/or organizations using the facilities. All items found in the Plaza area should be taken to Campus Center room 210.
During the academic year, parking at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is $3.00 per day if the facility user does not have a valid UH Hilo parking permit.
For further information, please consult the Facilities Use Practices & Procedures of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
The user is responsible for addressing any questions regarding these regulations to the Campus Center director prior to use. In agreeing with this form, the user agrees to abide by all regulations of the Campus Center. Mahalo for your cooperation!