Library Lanai Reservation and Use Policy
- Any changes in your reservation must be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Your confirmation will be emailed to you.
- If a deposit is charged, payment must be received at the time of confirmation. All checks should be made payable to University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. Prior approval is required for purchase orders.
Cancellation must be received 10 business days in advance of the event. If payment is not received within 5 days of the event, any deposit will be forfeited. Late cancellation or failure to show may affect future use. To cancel your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the control number. You will be sent an email confirming your cancellation.
No food and/or drinks are allowed on the library lanai.
- Plans for decorations must be approved by the Mookini Library Administration 48 hours in advance.
- Changes in the physical setup of the Lanai must be submitted to the Campus Center no later than two days prior to the event.
- The requesting organization or individual is responsible for any and all damages to the facility.
- Furnishings and equipment of the Library may not be used.
- There shall be no attachment of materials on any surface of the building except on designated bulletin boards. No tape or mounting sign on Library windows or frames.
- Entry to the Library must not be blocked.
- No table or activity can take place 12 feet from the Library's Main Entrance.
- The Mookini Library does not provide tables and chairs. Some items are available for use on the Lanai on a first-come first-serve bases. Organizations may have to rent tables and chairs for their events at their own expense. The Library is not accountable for damages or theft of rented tables and chairs.
- If Auxiliary Services is providing your setup, be sure to include "clean up" on your request or arrange for clean up by your group. If Auxiliary Services, University Relations, or another UH Hilo and/or HawCC office staff does the set-up or cleanup, the user will be billed.
A/V and Media Equipment
No music or amplified sound is allowed on the library lanai. This includes television presentations.
Conduct and Responsibility
- Groups using the facilities must restore them to their original condition.
- Groups reserving the Lanai are responsible for the behavior of their guests and members.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult who will assume responsibility for their safety and welfare.
- Seeing-eye dogs are the only animals allowed in the facility.
- Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas, as described in the smoking policy.
- The organization will abide by all statutes, ordinances and policies of the State, County and University of Hawaiʻi.
- Failure to observe such statutes, ordinances and/or policies will result in the forfeiture of the deposit and/or the suspension of scheduling privileges for a month.
- It is agreed that any charges arising from the use of the Library Lanai will be paid by the organization or individual indicated. This will include any property damage occurring from use of the facility under the provisions of the agreement, security (if deemed necessary by Auxiliary Services) and janitorial services (if deemed necessary by Auxiliary Services).
- The use of motor vehicles, skateboards and roller-blades are prohibited on the ramp and on the library lanai. Bicycles are to be placed in the appropriate racks that have been provided.
- No sound systems are allowed on the Library Lanai.
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is not responsible for personal injury incurred by users or participants or lost/damaged articles of individuals and/or organizations using the facilities. All items found in the Lanai area should be taken to Campus Center room 210.
During the academic year, parking at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is $3.00 per day if the facility user does not have a valid UH Hilo parking permit.
For further information, please consult the Facilities Use Practices & Procedures of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
The user is responsible for addressing any questions regarding these regulations to the Campus Center Director prior to use. In agreeing with this form, the user agrees to abide by all regulations of the Campus Center.
Mahalo for your cooperation.