Welcome to the RISO Page
What is a RISO
A RISO is defined as: any group of six or more students currently enrolled at UH Hilo wishing to pursue a common educational, civic, social, cultural or recreational interest may become a RISO by completing the registration application and submitting the required documents,
The University of Hawaii at Hilo welcomes a variety of different registered independent student organizations. We have great diversity at our campus, as such we have a variety of different RISOs with different interests and goals. We invite you to take a moment to browse the different clubs and find others with similar interests.
How do I start a RISO?
Any student interested in forming or registering a RISO should:
- Read the full text of the RISO Handbook and complete the annual RISO registration forms.
- First time RISOs need to write a Constitution and By-Laws. If assistance is needed to write or revise a constitution, contact email@example.com.
- Return the completed RISO form to Campus Center Rm 312.
- After the registration has been approved, the RISO’s president and advisor will receive confirmation. If there are any questions, your group will be contacted on what needs to be done to complete the registration process.
- For final approval, the RISO President and Advisor must attend an Orientation training.
RISO registration 2015-2016 Forms & Handbook:
- 2015 SY RISO HANDBOOK - COMING SOON!
2015 - 2016 SY RISO Registration Packet - COMING SOON! - check back in June
We encourage students to get involved with the local community by means of fundraising, and requesting support from local businesses. Requests for help with event planning and funding can also be submitted to different campus student organizations. On campus fundraising can be easy if done right! There are many different ways of fundraising.
Have a great summer!
We've moved for the summer into CC 301.
Look out for more information during the summertime about registration packets.