Welcome to the RISO Page
What is a RISO
A RISO is defined as: any group of six or more students currently enrolled at UH Hilo wishing to pursue a common educational, civic, social, cultural or recreational interest may become a RISO by completing the registration application and submitting the required documents,
The University of Hawaii at Hilo welcomes a variety of different registered independent student organizations. We have great diversity at our campus, as such we have a variety of different RISOs with different interests and goals, we invite you to take a moment to browse the different clubs and find others with similar interests.
How do I start a club?
Any student interested in forming or registering a RISO should:
- Read the full text of this Handbook and complete the annual RISO registration form. Printed copies of the Handbook and registration form are no longer available.
- First time RISOs need to write a Constitution and By-Laws. If assistance is needed to write or revise a constitution, contact the Student Leadership Development Coordinator.
- Read this Handbook to be sure the RISO is in compliance with all rules.
- Return the completed RISO form to Campus Center, rm 210.
- After the registration has been approved, the RISO’s president and advisor will receive a confirmation. If there are any questions, the Student Leadership Development Coordinator will inform the group of what needs to be done to complete the registration process.
To avoid mistakes and delay in registering, you should follow the RISO handbook.
RISO registration 2013-2014 forms:
(USE ONLINE FILLABLE FORMS-HANDWRITTEN RISO FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
We encourage students to get involved with the local community by means of fundraising, and requesting support from local businesses. Requests for help with event planning and funding can also be submitted to different campus student organizations. On campus fundraising can be easy if done right! There are many different ways of fundraising.
- November 4, 2013
- October 28, 2013
- October 7, 2013
- September 25, 2013
- August 22, 2013
- August 8, 2013
- November 2012