Board of Student Publications (BOSP)
Aloha and Welcome to the BoSP Home Page!
Thank you for visiting our site. We want to answer any of your questions about UH Hilo Publications. You can also stop by our office in the Campus Center Room 214 at any time to get more information! The BoSP meets bi-monthly or every two weeks. For time and place, please see Next Meetings Agenda.
BOSP is looking to fill its staff! If you are interested in applying, fill out our BOSP Application.Turn in all applications to Campus Center Rm 210.
“The Board, made up of students, faculty and staff of UH Hilo and community representatives, shall establish and publish all publications supported by student publications fees. The Board shall provide the necessary fiscal and operational oversight to its publications, programs and services, and also include opportunities for students on the board and the publication to develop their leadership skills by participating in the administration and operations of the publications. Further, the Board shall provide the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo with the best journalistic, literary, academic, and publication services possible, given the resources available.”
Here's a list of publications supported by student publications fees:
- Ke Kalahea
- This newspaper functions as a medium to inform, educate, and entertain the entire campus community by maintaining a timely, comprehensive, and diverse flow of information, ideas and criticism.
- To apply for Ke Kalahea, fill out the Ke Kalahea Application.Turn in your application to Campus Center Rm 210.
- This magazine publishes material of the best quality in fiction, poetry, drama, criticism, and graphic arts.
- To apply for Kanilehua, click here: Kanilehua Application.Turn in your application to Campus Center Rm 210.
- This magazine strives to publish material of the best quality in non-fictional academic journal. It emphasizes the work of UH Hilo community.
- To apply for Hohonu, click here: Hohonu Application.Turn in your application to Campus Center Rm 210.