I am pleased to announce that the search for a permanent University of Hawai‘i at Hilo Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs is moving forward. I am committed to an extensive national search to identify candidates with the experience, vision and energy to develop and advance strategic academic priorities at UH Hilo.
We now have a well-rounded and representative search committee, recruited in consultation with the UH Hilo Faculty Congress, Hanakahi Council, and UH Hilo Student Association, to advise me on the selection:
- Norman Arancon, Assistant Professor, Horticulture
- Lari-Anne Au, Librarian
- Daniel Brown (committee chair), Interim Vice Chancellor for Research
- Jason Cabral, Assistant Professor, Hawaiian Language and Literature
- Linda Connelly, Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Emmeline de Pillis, Professor, Management
- Devaki Drozario, UHHSA Representative
- Gabriele Matull-Worst, Associate Registrar
- John Pezzuto, Dean, College of Pharmacy
- Cheryl Ramos, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Nicole Ryan, Academic Support Specialist, North Hawaii Education and Research Center
- David Sing, Director, Na Pua No‘eau Center for Gifted and Talented Native Hawaiian Children
Many thanks to Dan Brown for agreeing to chair the committee. A national search firm will help identify a diverse pool of qualified candidates and will generally support the search process.
I would also like to express my thanks to Kenith Simmons for serving as interim VCAA during the search process.