The webinar is sponsored by the Office of the Interim Chancellor and UH Hilo Professional Development Committee.
A webinar is scheduled to provide valuable insights into how the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo can better assess and enhance academic advising programs and initiatives to meet retention goals and the overall enrollment management plan.
Assessing the Effectiveness of Your Academic Advising Programs
DATE: Thursday, November 30, 2017.
TIME: 10:00 a.m.
PLACE: Student Services Center, room W-201, UH Hilo campus.
- Understand the differences between assessment and evaluation.
- Review the relationship between institutional mission and student
- Demonstrate an understanding of assessment tools, techniques, and
strategies and the purposes which they serve.
- Learn how to interpret assessment data and communicate findings to
various constituents on campus.
- Focus on using assessment results to implement enhancements to the
- Recognize that assessment is an ongoing process.