Invitation from the Chancellor to discuss the WASC team’s recommendations.
I’m following up on my message regarding the accreditation report issued by the WASC Accreditation Review team based on their on-campus review conducted in Oct. 2014.
- See Chancellor’s Message, Jan. 30: WASC accreditation report: UH Hilo is going in the right direction
- Read the full Report of the WSCUC Visiting Team.
Overall, the report is very complimentary of the progress the campus has made. It also contains recommendations for actions we should take for further improvement.
I am now inviting you to participate in a Town Hall meeting on our campus on how the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo can proceed to address the team’s recommendations to:
- Develop clear criteria for applied learning and assess its effectiveness.
- Adhere to the published program review schedule and ensure it yields constructive feedback.
- Give immediate attention should be given to review barriers to articulation relating to the general education program.
- Extend assessment of core competencies outside of the general education program.
- Improve significantly the resources and capacity for institutional research.
- Continue efforts to enhance retention of continuing and transfer students.
- Develop more effective lines of communication on campus.
- Articulate a clear strategy for distance-learning programs and provide adequate resources to support instructors and learners.
Town Hall Meeting
Wed, Feb. 4, from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wed, Feb. 11, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m
Location: UCB 127 ( Ho‘oulu Terrace )
You are welcome to either or both of the meetings as your input is appreciated and valued.
I look forward to seeing you there.