UH Hilo faculty who have received tenure and/or promotion this year were honored at the 2014 Fall Welcome event held on campus this week.
ANNOUNCEMENTS, REMARKS & WRITINGS
- Sept 19 Message from the Chancellors of UH Hilo and Hawai‘i Community College on the Puna lava flow
- UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi CC faculty and staff are invited to an educational tour of Hilo
- UH Hilo Chancellor’s Office launches new website on UH Hilo Stories
- Sept. 16 Message from Chancellor Donald Straney and Chancellor Noreen Yamane on the Puna lava flow
- Column by the Chancellor in Hawai‘i Island Chamber of Commerce Newsletter: Sept 2014
New faculty were welcomed to UH Hilo at the 2014 Fall Welcome event held yesterday on campus. Learn more about the new faculty members, listed here with their bios.
UH Hilo Chancellor Don Straney and Hawai’i Community College Chancellor Noreen Yamane hosted a kīpaepae ho’okama’āina, a formal Hawaiian ceremony welcoming President Lassner into his permanent position as head of the UH System.
UH Hilo celebrated 2014 Spring Commencement on May 17. This semester, students petitioned for a total of 724 degrees and/or certificates.
- UH Hilo ranked most diverse four-year public campus in the country
University of Hawaiʻi campuses took the top spots in the Chronicle of Higher Education’s 2014 list of the most diverse campuses in the United States. UH HIlo ranked #1 among 4-year public campuses in the nation.
- Funding of permanent building helps UH Hilo College of Pharmacy receive extended accreditation
The American Council for Pharmacy Education has now found the College of Pharmacy compliant with all of the 30 standards that it uses to evaluate colleges of pharmacy.
- Governor holds historic bill signing in Hilo; after school program to be administered by UH Hilo among enacted measures
Governor approves $200,000 to UH Hilo to run an after school program that helps underprivileged children of Hawaiian ancestry with life skills, achieving academic success, and career planning.
- New Summer Bridge Program prepares STEM students for freshman year
Program participants are enrolled in college-level English and Math courses, earning college credit through a rigorous schedule of study for six weeks.
- 2014 Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients
Twelve students from public and private high schools in Hawaiʻi have been awarded the prestigious 2014 Chancellor’s Scholarship at UH Hilo.
- 2014 tenure and promotion list, University of Hawai‘i at Hilo
The following individuals have received Tenure and/or Promotion at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo…