North Hawaiʻi Education and Research Center (NHERC)
located in Honoka'a at NHERC is open to the public:
Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.
Saturdays - 9:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
The Heritage Center offers the following resources & services:
- Archive and Resource Center for Hamakua and North Hawai'i History
- Changing Exhibit Gallery on Area History
- Research family ancestry
- Talk story with Donny DeSilva 9-11 on Tuesday mornings
- Volunteer Opportunities
Current Exhibit - "Honoka`a Loves Music"
Click on the poster to view the opening slideshow
NHERC Heritage Center is the home of:
Click on the photo to view a gallery of each collection
* The digitized Paul Christensen photo collection
*The Okada Collection
*Plantation Era Artifacts, Historical Documents and Maps
* Reference Library of Local and Hawai'i History
* Growing Collection of Local Family Photos and Genealogy
Doris Alegre Teller finds a baby photo of herself in the Alegre Family collection
*Changing Exhibit Gallery on Area History
Click on the links below to view a slideshow of each exhibit
Woman finds a picture of herself in Waipi'o from the 1970's in "Peace Corps and Our Community" Exhibit