The Department of Languages offers instruction in Chinese, Filipino (Tagalog), Japanese, Korean, and Spanish, as well as related courses in literature, culture, and language studies. Each program is comprehensive in approach, developing the functions of speaking, comprehension, reading, and writing and enhancing knowledge of the target area’s culture, history, society and the people.
The Department’s course offerings in languages can be found under the following course prefixes:
Hawaiian Language courses offered by Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikōlani College of Hawaiian Language are listed under HAW and KHAW in the Catalog.
- Feng, Jiren, Assistant Professor, Chinese; Program Coordinator, Chinese Studies Certificate
- Jubilado, Rodney C., Assistant Professor, Filipino; Program Coordinator, Filipino Studies Certificate
- Fukushima, Yoshiko, Associate Professor, Japanese
- Hasegawa, Yoko, Lecturer
- Honda, Masafumi “Masa”, Chair & Associate Professor, Japanese, Languages & Linguistics
- Okuyama, Yoshiko, Associate Professor, Japanese
- Kim, Heasook, Lecturer