Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
The Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences (KES) program within the College of Arts and Sciences offers students the following degrees:
- B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences
- B.A. in Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences – Health Promotion
The KES program provides students with a diverse range of high quality instruction and opportunities within the areas of health, physical education, recreation, and the exercise sciences. Furthermore, activity courses provides individuals with exposure to a variety of physical activities and opportunities to enhance their overall well being. Lecture type courses provide introductory and advanced preparation for the fields of education, management and/or coaching, health promotion, and the exercise sciences with include sport psychology, athletic training, physical therapy and exercise physiology.
A student who completes the Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences degree program will be able to:
- Participate in basic physical and recreational activities.
- Identify the fundamental anatomical functions, the physiological mechanisms, and the biomechanical concepts involved with human movement and human performance.
- Apply for acceptance into the Teacher Education Program with the desire to become a Secondary Health and Physical Education teacher.
- Apply for acceptance into graduate school in the areas of the exercise sciences, health, medical school, physical therapy programs, and athletic training programs.
- Able to provide care and expertise within the area of health.
- Identify and understand the various health issues within our society, especially those encountered by elementary and secondary school students.
- Arkangel, Carmelito “Lito”, Lecturer
- Barkhoff, Harald, Professor, Kinesiology & Exercise Sciences
- Basso, Stefanie, Lecturer, Kinesiology
- D'Artibale, Emanuele “Lele”, Assistant Professor, Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences (On Leave Spring 2015)
- Frueh, Bartley “Chris” C., Professor, Psychology; Chair, Kinesiology & Exercercise Science
- Gotshalk, Lincoln “Dr. G.” A., Professor, Kinesiology & Exercise Sciences
- Gotshalk, Paula T., Lecturer
- Greer-Smith, Thomas C, Lecturer
- Mayer, Jochen, Visiting Assistant Professor, Kinesiology & Environmental Sciences
- O'Shaughnessy, Pulama, Lecturer, Kinesiology
- Pacheco, Misty Y., Assistant Professor, Kinesiology & Exercise Science
- Sakovich, Willem, Lecturer
- Salvador, Landon, Lecturer
- Takahashi, Robin K., Assistant Professor, Kinesiology & Exercise Sciences
- Tanabe, Michael “Mike”, Professor, Plant Science; Lecturer, Kinesiology & Exercise Science