UH Hilo's Art and Literary Magazine
Campus Center room 215
Welcome to Kanilehua!
Among the endless academic papers and projects that you have undoubtedly been producing, perhaps you have felt the need to let your creative thoughts come to life. Here at Kanilehua, we would love to be a part of your creative process. We are looking for your creative pieces to grace the pages of our student run Art and Literary Magazine here at the University of Hawaii at Hilo. From now until February 12th, 2016, we are welcoming all UH Hilo students to enter their photography, art, poetry, and creative writing to us. What better way to have your creative work admired by your peers than to be published in the Kanilehua Art and Literary Magazine? Also, this publication is paid for by student fees, so why not participate? So please submit! All of us here at Kanilehua would love to receive your work and help you take the next step towards being published.
All UH students are welcome to submit up to five pieces of their work in the subjects of creative writing, poetry, photography, and art. So now is the time to start writing, drawing, capturing, and editing your way towards publication in our student run and funded magazine. If you’re a UHH student who wants to share their creative work with the world, then don’t hesitate. You have nothing to lose, and the possibility of your work being published and appreciated to gain. So please, submit! Our eager editors will be waiting to hear from you.
Now accepting submissions for Fall 2015/Spring 2016 publication! Due February 12th, 2016!
All UH Hilo students are invited to submit up to 5 works with the following criteria:
- We accept fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry (verse, free verse, etc.), prose, digital art, visual art, and photography.
- Submit entries as email attachments to email@example.com
- For art, send in a high quality jpeg image of your work
- For literature, send a word document in 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1 inch margins, with no additional formatting (The author can use additional formatting for poetry pieces)
- Please remove all identifying information from your work (signatures on art works are okay)
- Attachments should be titled as name of submission in the following format: piecename_firstname_lastname (example: Lykaio_Jessica_Ho)
- Please include your name, piece title, and medium of the work in the text of the email.
Work submitted that does not follow these requirements will not be considered.
Submissions are due by February 12, 2016.