UH Hilo's premier art and literary magazine
Campus Center room 215
Who we are
Kanilehua is UH Hilo's student operated literary art magazine. We publish creative fiction, non-fiction, poetry, visual, and multi-media arts to showcase the talent of UH Hilo students. We strive to promote the positive voice of creative arts in the community. We believe strongly that art is inspirational in all forms, whether it is messy or raw, real, and in-your-face, it is possible to change the world through art.
"Lykaio", Jessica Ho, Copyright 2011, Kanilehua Magazine, all rights reserved
Now accepting submissions for Fall 2014/Spring 2015 publication! Due February 28, 2015!
All UH Hilo students are invited to submit up to 3works with the following criteria:
- we accept fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry (verse, free verse, etc.), prose, digital art, visual art, photography, high quality photos of sculpture, 3D design, etc.
- submit entries as email attachments to email@example.com
- for art, send in a high quality jpeg image of your work
- for literature, send a word document in 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1 inch margins, with no additional formatting (OK for poetry)
- Please remove all identifying information from your work (signatures on art works OK)
- attachments should be titled as name of submission in the following format: piecename_firstname_lastname (example: Lykaio_Jessica_Ho)
- please include your name, piece title, and medium of the work in the text of the email
- please include a photo, sketch, or creative image of yourself and an artist's statement of your personal inspiration or motivation for the piece, or your art in general (optional...not required, but preferred)
Work submitted that does not follow these requirements will not be considered.
Submissions are due by February 28, 2015.