Graduate Studies at UH Hilo
UH Hilo currently offers the following graduate and professional programs:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Kahuawaiola Indigenous Teacher Education Certificate
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Arts in Hawaiian Language and Literature
- Master of Arts in Heritage Management
- Master of Arts in Indigenous Language and Culture Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Science in Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES)
- Ph.D. in Hawaiian and Indigenous Language Revitalization
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science
For applicaton instructions, please visit the Graduate Admissions page and click on the "Checklist" link.
The Graduate Catalog
The Graduate Catalog may be found here.
Graduate Policies at UH Hilo
- Graduate Student Handbook (updated: 6/23/2015)
- Policies and procedures for graduate studies at UH Hilo may be found in the graduate catalog.
- Useful forms
- Guidelines for the writing of theses and dissertations at UH Hilo
- Information about Graduate Assistantships and Graduate Scholars
The Graduate Council is a policy recommending body to the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs. The Council is also be charged with the authority to certify graduate training personnel who are not full time UH Hilo faculty, determine eligibility of UH Hilo faculty to serve as graduate committee chairs and/or primary academic advisors, and to grant exceptions to graduate admissions standards upon petitions by graduate programs. Read more at the Graduate Council site.