Distance Learning Faculty Resources
UH Hilo Home > Academics > Distance Learning
- Lessons Learned: UH Hilo Quality Online Course Design Guidelines
- Online Learning Readiness Check:
- Is an online course right for your students? Have them complete the Online Learning Readiness Check which will help them assess their computer system, skills, and also provide them with an online orientation in Laulima to ensure that they are successful in an online course.
- At the end they will receive a Certificate of Completion of which you can request a copy be emailed to you prior to the beginning of your course.
- Blackboard Collaborate (formally called Elluminate Live!) is a software platform supported by Blackboard. It is a course-delivery and web-conferencing multimedia online system that connects users through the internet and their own computers for true anywhere, anytime learning and communication.
Web video conferencing with up to six sites on screen at once -- anytime, from anywhere, to anywhere, with practically anyone. A vRoom needs to be purchased each year. The DCDC: Distance Course Design & Consulting at Manoa provides information and pricing for UH.
- Turnitin is the leading originality checking and plagiarism prevention service used by millions of students and faculty, and thousands of institutions worldwide. UH Hilo's local contact person is Karla Hayashi.
- Library Support - online reserve and curriculum support information
- HITS (Hawaii Interactive Television System) - video conference room scheduling.
- Help Desks:
- Hilo Bookstore -
sells/rents books and offers a wide range of supplies