DL - Secondary Teacher Education Program for Success (DL-STEPS)
Step Four: Application for DL-STEPS Cohort Coursework
Email subject header must identify DL-STEPS Application and attach all documents (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to: Education Department, ATTN: DL-STEPS, UH Hilo, 200 W. Kawili St., Hilo, HI 96720
For continuation in the program while you are taking ED 310, 314, and 350, you must complete the following:
- DL-STEPS Supplemental Application (note: Must identify as DL-STEPS)
- Experiences Working with Children or Young People Form
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Interest
After your application is reviewed, you will be contacted with further actions:
- Interview with Education Faculty using technology tools, SKYPE, click for free download. Here are some interview tips.
- Criminal background check through Hawaii Department of Education (DOE).
- PRAXIS I (PPST) & II (Content Knowledge) with passing score, more information is available concerning Hawaii and FREE practice tests.
Test dates and locations Contact the identified organization directly for test scheduling registration and information.
Your document file will be competitively reviewed.
Contact Travis Nakayama if you have any questions (email:email@example.com, 808-974-7748).