Students should decide on a school/program to attend prior to completing the study abroad application. Please review the following checklist so that you are prepared and have all required documents when you apply. If your application is incomplete, it will not be considered, so it is very important that you have the materials ready in advance. If you have any questions please contact our office or email the regionally appropriate study abroad adviser.
- Download & complete the UH Hilo Study Abroad Application form.
- Download and complete two UH Hilo Study Abroad Recommendation Forms.
- Attach your Unofficial Transcript from STAR.
- Attach your Personal Statement.
- Submit all forms to the CGEE office before the specified deadline.
- Students will be required to enter a variety of common personal information, including: current GPA, financial aid status, current photograph (JPG), etc.
- Students will be required to download the form fillable PDF application/
- After completing all the necessary fields student should print, sign, then submit the form to the CGEE office.
Study Abroad Recommendation Forms
- Students should download and complete "Part A" of the Study Abroad Recommendation Form prior to handing over the form to the faculty.
- If you are a freshmen or new transfer student to UH Hilo we suggest that you start participating in class discussions and meet with you professors during their office hours to discuss your intent to study abroad. As a courtesy you should ask your recommenders for permission as well as provide them with your personal statement before starting the your application.