Welcome to the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
2014 Puna Lava Flow Update
Updated at: 10:07am HST, Friday, September 19
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kīlauea and are currently formulating contingency plans to address various issues that may arise.
At present, both campuses are planning for classes to continue as scheduled. We are talking with faculty and staff about what we can do for people who cannot make it to class if roads are cut off by lava flows. We are also reviewing options to accommodate students who cannot similarly attend class.
Please see the Puna Lava Flow information website for more information.
- Men's Soccer: Cal State Monterey Bay
- Men's Soccer: Fresno Pacific University
- Men's Soccer: Academy of Arts University
- Men's Soccer: Notre Dame De Namur
- Men's Soccer Vs. Point Loma Nazarene
- Men's Soccer Vs. Azusa Pacific University
- Men's Soccer Vs. Cal Baptist University
- Women's Soccer: Cal State East Bay
- Aloha ʻAina Film and talk story series on "Malama Honua", Fri, 9/19, 4:30pm
The Aloha ʻAina Film & talk story Series on "Malama Honua" is bringing Toby McLeod to Hilo to present a four-part documentary series showing how indig…
- TCBES M.S. Program Seminar, Mon, 9/22, 4pm
Using Fish and Whale Sounds to Understand Patterns of Animal Migration, Reproductive Ecology, and Community Assembly Dr. Aaron Rice Director, Bioa…
- Where Do You Stand? Bystander Intervention Training, Mon, 9/22, 5pm
Have you ever witnessed abuse and wondered how you should intervene? If you should intervene? Have you overheard disrespectful jokes and wondered what…
- Taste Test Tuesday, Tue, 9/30, 11am
Come by the Campus Center Dining Room between 11:00am - 1:00pm and sample the newest member of the ROCKSTAR family, Rockstar with Coffee and Almond Mi…
- Local First Wednesday!, Wed, 10/1, 7am
Enjoy a 100% locally grown and sourced meal at the Campus Center Dining Room. Support our local farmers, ranchers, and food producers and have a delic…
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop, Thu, 10/2, 2pm
Orientation and Funding Workshops for Registered Independent Student Organizations (RISO). Orientation Training (2:00pm-2:45pm) is mandatory for all c…
- Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa
Tahiti Week at ʻImiloa will begin on Tuesday, September 23rd and run thru Friday, September 26th. A week of practitioner demonstrations in the atrium…
- Sign up for the Women's Speed Mentoring Program!
The Women's Speed Mentoring Program is an opportunity to connect with professional and successful women from organizations such as: AAUW-American Asso…
- More news and announcements…