Welcome to the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
2014 Puna Lava Flow Update
Updated at: 2:14pm HST, Monday, September 29
If you haven’t done so already, please kōkua (help) at the UH for Puna Classifieds.
Here is the current update on the response to the Puna lava flow from the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College. The full text of the update at the Puna Lava Flow information website, but here is a quick recap of new information as of Sept, 25.
Housing and Transportation: There are several postings today on the UH for Puna Classifieds, an online UH community bulletin board where you can post your housing and transportation needs and others can post what they can provide. Please use this resource if you need assistance or if you can kōkua with an extra room or lodging for our ʻohana.
Classes: We will have more information about courses next week, but if you have concerns or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. For questions about withdrawals, UH Hilo students should contact Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Gail Makuakane-Lundin at email@example.com or 808-932-7445, and Hawaiʻi Community College students should contact Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Jason Cifra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-934-2509.
- Men's Soccer Vs. Point Loma Nazarene
- Men's Soccer Vs. Azusa Pacific University
- Men's Soccer Vs. Cal Baptist University
- Men's Soccer Vs. Dixie State University
- Men's Soccer Vs. Chaminade University
- Women's Soccer Vs. Point Loma Nazarene
- Women's Soccer Vs. Azusa Pacific University
- Women's Soccer Vs. Cal Baptist University
- Taste Test Tuesday, Tue, 9/30, 11am
Come by the Campus Center Dining Room between 11:00am - 1:00pm and sample the newest member of the ROCKSTAR family, Rockstar with Coffee and Almond Mi…
- Local First Wednesday!, Wed, 10/1, 7am
Enjoy a 100% locally grown and sourced meal at the Campus Center Dining Room. Support our local farmers, ranchers, and food producers and have a delic…
- Barrio Fiesta, Thu, 10/2, 10:30am
Opening ceremonies of the Filipino-American Heritage month. The event simulates the mood of a traditional Filipino fiesta celebration in a festive gat…
- RISO Orientation and Funding Workshop, Thu, 10/2, 2pm
Orientation and Funding Workshops for Registered Independent Student Organizations (RISO). Orientation Training (2:00pm-2:45pm) is mandatory for all c…
- Cardboard Rocket, Sat, 10/4, 10am
Special children's show in which two young adventurers turn a cardboard box into a rocket and blast off on an awesome adventure. They visit each plane…
- "OUTober"-National Coming Out Week!, Mon, 10/6, 8am
October or "OUTober" is National Coming OUT week! Check out our week long events happening from October 6-10, 2014. This event is supporting individua…
- Plaza Market Monday, Mon, 10/6, 10am
A student Activities Council event. A farmers Market type event, the perfect place for RISOs and organizations to advertise their club and fundraise…
- ‘Imiloa Wayfinding Festival, Sat, 10/11, 9:30am
Themed Moananuiākea, Retracing Ancestral Connections, the festival is on Saturday, October 11, at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. H…
- More news and announcements…